Digital Audio out Coaxial cable
How do I connect my home theater system (HTS) or surround sound system (SSS) to the TV?
- The TV only has a digital audio output (coaxial) and does not have an RCA audio (red and white) output. The audio equipment must have a digital audio/digital coax/spdif input in order to work with the TV.
- If you have an analog audio equipment that does not have a digital audio input. You may connect the audio output from the cable/satellite box directly to the audio equipment.
- You can also purchase a ¼” to 2 RCA Y cable. Plug the single end into headphone jack on the side of TV and match the red and white cables up to the input on your audio system.
Connection using digital audio / digital coaxial / spdif input
- Unplug the TV and audio equipment before you make any connection.
- Use a digital audio cable (1), connect one end to the 'AUDIO OUT/DIGITAL' coaxial output on the back of the TV.
- Connect the other end to the digital coaxial input of the audio equipment.
- Turn on the TV and select a program.
- Switch on the audio equipment and select the input to which the TV is connected.
- Adjust the volume on the audio equipment to hear the sound from the audio equipment loudspeakers.
- If you do not wish to hear the sound from the TV, press the volume down button on the remote control to turn the TV's volume down.
Connection using RCA audio (red and white) output
- Unplug the TV and accessory devices before you make any connection.
- Connect the open end of the round coaxial cable (1) to the cable input connector on the back of the cable/satellite box.
- Use another round coaxial cable (2), connect one end to the cable output connector on the back of the cable/satellite box and the other end to the 'CABLE/ANTENNA' connector on the back of the television.
- If the cable connector is threaded, screw it on finger tight.
- Use a RCA audio cable (3), connect one end to the 'AUDIO OUT' on the back of the cable/satellite box.
- Connect the other end to the 'TV/AUDIO IN' of the audio equipment.
- Turn on the cable/satellite box, if applicable, set the output channel to CH3 or 4.
- Turn on the TV and tune to the same channel as the cable/satellite box.
- Change the channels at the cable/satellite box to view the programs.
- Switch on the audio equipment and select the input to which the cable/satellite box is connected.